Monday, September 3, 2012

Happy Homeless Student Project Day 1



  Getting on the bus from Dublin to Galway with GoBus.ie. Only 10 Euros. Exciting times. Recording video log now too:) There is an air of excitement coursing through my veins, but that is slightly retarded by my lack of sleep. Myself and Stuart King were filming until midnight last night for the "Time Wasters" movie in Dublin City centre. I think it went well. Cant get over this GObus.ie service. Well I'm thinking I might  use this service all the time.  

Why you might say?  Im sitting on the bus travelling at 60mph in comfort, while writing this, saving on gas money, saving on stress, not worrying about parking, and not missing mobility because I know Galway is a nucleated, navigable by foot city. Good Times

So the plan today is to get to NUIG University. It will be a short walk. Drop my bag, Attend a few classes and get my timetable. Get to the University Gym, buy a membership and thus have my gym and washing facilities sorted for this little adventure. (that i hope you will join me on.)  Then head of to a few locations I have researched on Google maps and see can I set up my home (tent) there. Ideally, I will find a place that is not within view of passing people and that I can leave it set up while I go to college. I will always carry my valuables with me, but I can leave my clothes and bedding there all the time if I find a secluded enough place. A hard thing to do in a city....but I am guessing it is possible, hence this project. Will edit a video later tonight, that will be available on Youtube on the 'GLOWPUNK' channel ASAP.


No comments: