Saturday, January 23, 2010

www.glowpunk.com 'Fight the Power'

http://www.glowpunk.com/


Frog

            I awoke one night in Liberia Africa to a strange noise. We were in a jungle area sleeping in tents underneath the moons glow. The perimeter of our patrol harbour was secure, or so we thought. Surely nothing could disturb us, or get at us, but something did. A small frog was making every effort to jump over my tent. Repeatedly he jumped against the man made wall of my one man tent. Each time he tried he slid back down to earth. At first my conditioned mind thought ‘silly creature,’ but I was wrong.



            He was not failing, quite the contrary. Through his many attempts he was learning. He also succeeded in waking me up. Not just physically but mentally too. And who is to say with persistence he would not achieve his goal. He was taking a stand. He encountered something new and unknown that night and instead of going around it, ignoring it or pretending it didn’t exist he chose to question and struggle for his innate desires . That night froggy glowed!



Glowpunk

http://www.glowpunk.com/

No comments: