Thursday, December 8, 2011

Self Belief is Time Travel


   I call myself a producer I guess because to be honest I don't know what else to call myself. I do a little of everything which ultimately results in me producing some sort of something at the end. So I guess Producer is the best word for my current work habits. If i dig up 99 tasteless rocks and the 100th thing I dig up is a tasty Irish spud then the digging was worth the work and risk.

I'm  busy and I like it. Today I fixed my guitar to write a little song, sent some videos I made to a TV company at their request and am whittling down 3 years of writing to a 5 minute comedy set to perform next week for the first time. This busyness I guess is what happens when you decide to throw caution to the wind and go for what you want. (follow your dreams and all that shit.)  Even though I am throwing caution to the wind doesn't mean I am not scared to death. I am, I could bomb and I like all humans hate to fail. 

I really only have two speeds. Sleep and Go. So as soon as I wake up I generally have a mental list of things I want to do, complete or attempt to achieve. I have been told most days of my life to "not think so much" and to "turn the motor on the side of my head off."

  Asking me to think less and chill would be like asking a horse to stop horsing around... I'm a thinker that is what I do. Until recently I have been mainly a thinker... and I am aware that someday if you want to achieve anything you have to become a doer... never been lazy just never had the means nor the tools before to compete with those who did. Recently I am a class A doer!.

So now i have all this free time, some tools and a lot of drive... I am curious to see where all this will take me in the short term and long term.

 Just wanted to put this down in writing so I can read it in the future (like opening a time capsule) and see what I was thinking. Perhaps I will look back wondering why I believed so much in myself or perhaps I will look back and think 'I wish I believed more in myself.'

A friend of mine who has been hugely 'successful' in the realm he desired success once told me that if he had not listened to all the negativity and just gone for it he would have got to where he finally arrived,10 years sooner. I want o learn from that comment and believe in myself now and embrace the future me now. I guess by avoiding wasting time I am time traveling in a way.

Lets see what happens

Please leave a comment below if you feel like it!

No comments: