Saturday, December 10, 2011

Stress Relief

Recently I noticed that my stress levels have lowered . I am just as busy as before, but with different things so what could be the reasons for this positive feeling of change. Maybe these.

1. Predictability of life: I have distanced myself a little from the insanely unpredictable that I used embrace. My daily environment is a little more predictable and therefore I have less unexpected last minute problems that require my attention. So maybe if you are feeling stressed you could examen your life and see what excess unpredictability you could remove from your life. Keep a little to keep you guessing and sharp but maybe go on an "unpredictability diet."

2. Free Time:  I have always embraced full days and pride myself on staying on 'the treadmill of life' longer than most. But what I have realized is that balance is important and easy to achieve. Sometimes by  not doing anything important and allowing your mind to uncoil and wander for a period of time you  can renew your energy and focus. That seems to have happened for me.

3. Taking action: I have a little more free time and less pressure as a result of the above mentioned changes in my daily life. Try and get yourself a little free time. Having a little more free time allows you to relax, and when you finally decide to take action you will be in a better condition to execute your actions. Make a list or at least prioritize your work load. If you can make it fun all the better. That means you are not using your mind to remember your appointments and commitments and the new organization frees up a little space for you in your own head.

4. Do what you like: I'm doing more of what I like than I used to. This gives me an enormous sense of well being. I am moving in a direction that I like and allows me to feel fulfilled. This is the clincher and often the hardest part to achieve. But if you can make a list of things you would like to do in your life at least you will have some direction. The minimum reward you will get from making a list is it will get you dreaming again.

                                      PLEASE COMMENT SHARE AND SUBSCRIBE

No comments: